Here’s a quick synopsis of where the OEM’s sit in terms of influence, perception and marketshare.
Power Rankings for October 2012:
#1 – Ski-Doo:
It appears the marketshare leader continues to lead the pack with a rumored 40% stranglehold on the market.
Why such a big lead – rumored almost double their next competitor? It’s all about steak, not sizzle and here’s our list:
1. The most fuel efficient, EPA clean and highest performing range of engines in both 2 and 4-stroke variants.
2. Still the lightest chassis and platforms in all but the mountain segment. The new XS MX-Z/Renegade 2-stroke skin only adds two pounds to the former REV-XP 2-stroke chassis.
3. The best electronic package including the sport’s only standard anti-theft encoded key/tether.
4. The best instrumentation with the most features and the best handlebar switchgear.
5. The best rider adjustable rear suspension, r-Motion.
While Ski-Doo is obsessed with gaining similar dominance in the mountain market, the jury is still out with the mountain segment’s finicky buyers acceptance of the revolutionary new t-Motion skid and Flex-Edge track.
Check back for our number 2 pick.