Press Release –
Pro-Class Racers Aboard 600 IQ® Race Sleds Striving for Top Spots
For snocross racing fans, the upcoming weekend’s ISOC racing in Ironwood, Michigan, will be three days of fun and games. But for Polaris snocross racers, the weekend is strictly a business trip – and they’re in the business of winning races!
ISOC Round 2, Dec. 12-14
Round 2 of the International Series of racing (ISOC) AMSOIL Championship Snocross Series is the Bad River Lodge & Casino National at the Mt. Zion ski area in Ironwood. Round 2 comes just two weeks after the season opener at Duluth, MN, where Polaris Pro-class racers earned coveted podium positions but failed to capture a victory.
The Polaris Pro racers will be gunning for victory in Michigan aboard their Polaris 600 IQ® Race Sleds with Liberty® engines.
In the Pro Open class at Duluth, defending class champion Ross Martin (Judnick Motorsports) finished third and was among six Polaris racers to finish in the top 12. In Pro Super Stock at Duluth, Levi LaVallee (Hentges Racing) came home second, the best finish among the four Polaris racers in the top 10.
In the Pro Women’s Super Stock class, two-time defending champion Kylie Abrahamson won first- and second-round qualifiers at Duluth, but she finished second in the final. She and all the Polaris Pro men will be running for checkered flags at ironwood.
Great Starts in Semi-Pro Classes
Two Polaris racers in the Semi-Pro classes started their seasons with victories in Duluth, and they’ll be looking for wins at Ironwood to help them stockpile valuable pints toward season titles.
Bobby LePage (Hentges Racing) won the Semi-Pro Open class at Duluth and Dylan Martin (Martin Racing Inc.) won Semi-Pro Super Stock. Martin also finished in the top 10 in Semi-Pro Open at Duluth.
Ironwood Schedule is Fan-Friendly
For race fans headed to Ironwood, the weekend offers a schedule full of activities near the track, as well as the prospect of trail riding in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for fans who bring their snowmobiles.
• At 7 p.m. on Friday night, the Slednecks Invasion Tour presented by Monster Energy will present top freestyle athletes performing insane tricks and launching their snowmobiles from two freestyle ramps. Several Pro racers, including Levi LaVallee, are scheduled to be on hand for autograph sessions.
• On Saturday, racing starts in the morning and culminates with the Main Events from 4-7:30 p.m. During this evening time window, Pro and Semi-Pro racers will run qualifying, last chance qualifiers and finals, back to back to back.
Details About the Weekend
Here, courtesy of ISOC, is what race fans need to know:
What: AMSOIL Championship Snocross Series, Round 2
When: December 12 -14
Where: Ironwood, MI; Gogebic Community College, Mt. Zion ski hill, E-4946 Jackson Road, Ironwood, MI 49938
• 7-8 p.m.: Slednecks Invasion Tour Presented by Monster Energy
• 9:30 a.m.: Gates open with support class qualifying
• 4-7:30 p.m.: Pro and Semi-Pro Main Events
• 9:30 a.m.: Gates open for remaining support class racing
Parking is free and tickets will be on sale at the race site.