In hillclimb competitions, in backcountry riding, and in spirited high-mark contests, Polaris Deep Snow models dominate the competition with the ultimate combination of power, strength, light weight and durability.
Polaris Deep Snow models completely dominated the Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Hillclimb Assn. (RMSHA) circuit in 2013. Polaris racers won 12 RMSHA points titles last season, and won 23 of 24 RMSHA Stock class events. Now that’s Terrain Domination® – right from the crate.
Polaris Deep Snow models deliver exactly what demanding riders need for their challenging riding conditions: Strong, powerful, lightweight, durable and incredibly flickable sleds.
Polaris RMK® models beat the competition with innovative, industry-leading technologies such as the QuickDrive® Low Inertia Drive System, carbon fiber overstructure, bonded A-Arms, PowderTrac™ extruded aluminum running boards, and premium Walker Evans® shocks.
Plus, backcountry riders have their choice of Polaris RMK® ASSAULT® and Switchback® ASSAULT® models that are lightweight, strong, powerful and ready to “go big.”
Polaris riders also have the opportunity to customize their Deep Snow models to suit their riding and style. This year’s Polaris SnowCheck Select program delivers TRUE customization and lets riders truly build their sled from the ground up, including the ability to create their customized combination of chassis, suspension, track, color, and tunnel and rail choices. The rider is able to customize their sled in three easy steps: choose your sled, choose your colors, and choose your factory options. More than 20,000 combinations are possible with the many options available through this Polaris-exclusive order program.
A Deep Snow Model for Every Rider
Only Polaris has three unique, specialized platforms for distinctly different types of deep snow riders. Each rider can choose the exact platform that’s right for how and where they ride.
• PRO-RMK® models are engineered for steep mountain slopes and big powder: Deep powder, thick trees, singletracking and minimal running on groomed trails. The lightest, strongest, most-flickable sleds in the world.
• RMK® models are designed for all deep snow terrain: Powder, climbing, singletracking, riding in the trees and on groomed trails.
• ASSAULT® models are for riders who love severe, rough, extreme terrain riding. They are backcountry freeriders who love hitting lips, pulling big jumps, dropping cornices and pounding through the whoops.
The 2015 Polaris® Deep Snow lineup includes:
• 600 RMK® 144, 600 RMK® 155 and 800 RMK® 155
• 600 PRO-RMK® 155, 800 PRO-RMK® 155 and 800 PRO-RMK® 163
• 800 RMK® ASSAULT® 155, 600 Switchback® ASSAULT® 144 and 800 Switchback® ASSAULT® 144
Polaris Deep Snow Chassis
Strong, lightweight, balanced and flickable platforms provide the foundation for Polaris Deep Snow Terrain Domination®. All RMK models, PRO-RMK models, and the RMK ASSAULT 155 are built on the PRO-RIDE™ RMK® Chassis, the ultimate deep snow platform.
This light, rigid and perfectly balanced chassis delivers precise handling on all terrain in all snow depths. The RMK coil-over rear suspension is designed for flotation and deep snow performance with a comfortable on-trail ride.
The PRO-RMK models and 800 RMK ASSAULT 155 are built on an enhanced version of this platform, the confidence-inspiring PRO-RIDE™ Chassis with Carbon Fiber Overstructure, which features overstructure that reduces weight without compromising strength and delivers ultimate performance.
This rigid chassis helps improve rider skills and enjoyment in every situation, from technical tree riding to a demanding sidehill and turn-out. The enhanced weight transfer produces Rider Active Control, and the 300% more rigid chassis results in more precise handling.
The PRO-RIDE RMK Chassis features:
• Minimized Weight: A 2015 PRO-RMK 155 model weighs 417 pounds, 14 pounds less than the same model in 2011 and 42 lb. lighter than 2014 competitive models.
• RAW Refined: Everything that can be lighter is lighter, including: The low-profile LED taillight, lightweight punched snow flap with hand access, carbon fiber bumper, and narrower tunnel cooling extrusions.
• Structural Adhesive Bonded Components: Polaris uses structural adhesive bonded components to create strength while minimizing sled weight. This process eliminates fasteners and welds, and provides superior strength and reduced weight. The set of bonded Lower Control Arms featuring forged aluminum ends and steel tubing weighs 2 lb. less than welded steel control arms.
Polaris Deep Snow models also feature:
• The PRO-RIDE RMK Adjustable Front Suspension: It provides the lightest weight and optimal strength, and the steering geometry reduces steering effort and provides predictable turn-in characteristics.
• Premium IFS Shocks: RMK® models have RydeFX® shocks, PRO-RMK models use Walker Evans® shocks, and the 800 RMK® ASSAULT® 155 has Walker Evans® Piggyback Adjustable Shocks.
• RMK Coil-Over Rear Suspension: It gets up on the snow quickly so a rider can outclimb friends on competitive sleds and sidehill with greater control. This lightweight skid provides excellent flotation and deep snow performance, and an impressive on-trail ride.
• Gripper Skis: They provide flotation and great handling with their deep keel design.
• Outstanding Deep Snow Tracks: The 155 models use a 2.4″ Series 5.1 track, the 800 PRO-RMK® 163 has a 2.4″ Series 5.1 track, and the 800 RMK ASSAULT 155 is available with a choice of tracks: a Series 5.1 track with 2.4″ lugs, or a Competition track with 2.125″ lugs.
• Powerful Engines: Deep Snow models feature the Polaris® Liberty® liquid-cooled 600 or 800 twin with Cleanfire® injection. These liquid-cooled twins with semi-direct injection (SDI) provide outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration.
Innovative Polaris engineering has produced the lightest, most efficient drive systems in selected models:
• QuickDrive® Low Inertia Drive System in PRO-RMK Models
All PRO-RMK models use the innovative QuickDrive Low Inertia Drive System that has reduced rotating mass and provides quicker acceleration and increased “flickability.” This complete, lightweight drive system includes: an extruded drive shaft, lightweight brake, RMK-specific brake caliper, and a maintenance-free belt drive that requires no oil or tensioner system. The complete system reduces rotational inertia by 21%, which means 5 pounds less effort when carving. It also features a QuickDrive® belt introduced in 2014 that is stronger and runs cooler.
• Lightweight Rotor & Jackshaft in 800 RMK ASSAULT
The 800 RMK ASSAULT has a lightweight rotor and jackshaft that minimize sled weight, reduce rotating mass, and optimize the efficiency of power delivery.
Polaris Deep Snow Ergonomics
Polaris Deep Snow models feature ergonomics that put a rider confidently in control, whether sitting, standing, or sidehilling on a single running board. The RMK models, PRO-RMK models and the 800 RMK ASSAULT 155 stocking models all come standard with:
• PowderTrac™ Running Boards
The 600 and 800 RMK 155 models, all PRO-RMK models, and the 800 RMK ASSAULT 155 have strong, lightweight PowderTrac™ Running Boards. Built from extruded aluminum with bonded cast lugs, they have 50% open area and deliver optimized snow clean-out and maximum strength. Their machined, integrated traction surface provides sure-footing.
• Deep Snow Handlebars
PRO-RMK models have a ProTaper® handlebar with handlebar hooks, while the RMK ASSAULT has a ProTaper bar with a high-rise aluminum design, adjustable bar clamp and handlebar hooks. All RMK models have a handlebar with integrated handlebar hooks mounted on a fixed 3.5″ (89mm) riser.
• PRO-LITE Seat
The 600 and 800 RMK® 155, PRO-RMK® models and 800 RMK® ASSAULT® have the PRO-LITE Seat, a purpose-built deep snow seat.
• Multi-Function Display Instrumentation
The easy to read and customizable MFD keeps a rider appraised of operating conditions. It includes data such as a tachometer and speedometer, air temperature, tripmeters, ride time and ride distance.
600 RMK 144
The 600 RMK 144 is a strong, lightweight, flickable deep snow model that also delivers an excellent on-trail ride and outstanding value. It has an RMK Rear Suspension with a RydeFX® front track shock, RydeAFX® rear track shock, a 2.0″ Series 4 track, Freestyle Seat and Hybrid™ Running Boards with foot stirrups, wide running boards and fishbone tunnel reinforcements.
Terrain Domination® Series Editions
Polaris dealers will stock two limited availability Terrain Domination® Series Limited Edition models: 800 PRO-RMK models with numerous special features. Both models are powered by the 800 engine with Cleanfire® injection, and both have Walker Evans® Clicker Shocks, ProTaper® low handlebars, and a PRO-LITE seat. On both models, the hood, side panels and tank feature special graphics, and the suspension components, tunnel, windshield, running boards, bumpers, and more are painted in coordinating colors.
• The 800 PRO-RMK 155 LE features a red/white/black color and graphics package, and it has a Burandt Tunnel Bag.
• The 800 PRO-RMK 163 LE has an orange/grey/black graphics and color package and a Burandt Tunnel Bag.
600/800 SWITCHBACK ASSAULT 144
The 600 Switchback ASSAULT 144 and 800 Switchback ASSAULT 144 are the ultimate 50/50 crossover machines. These are versatile sleds are at home on the trail and especially adept in the backcountry, where their lightweight and easy handling makes them perfect for woods and deep snow exploration.
• Switchback ASSAULT models ride on a purpose-built version of the PRO-RIDE™ chassis optimized tor backcountry snowmobility.
• They feature a special 144″ uncoupled rear skid and have premium Walker Evans® compression-adjustable shocks, a 1.35″ Cobra track, Hybrid™ Running Boards, Lightweight Freestyle Seat, ProTaper handlebar, and aluminum bumper.
SnowCheck Select: TRUE Customization With Over 20,000 Combinations
The expanded 2015 SnowCheck Select program lets riders truly customize a 2015 Polaris® Deep Snow model from the ground up and build their sled specifically for the way they ride.
Riders have more choices than ever before, including the ability to create their customized combination of chassis, suspension, track, color, and tunnel and rail choices.
There are more than 20,000 unique combinations of Deep Snow options, and it’s as easy as 1-2-3 to customize a sled:
• Step 1: Choose your sled.
• Step 2: Choose your colors.
• Step 3: Choose your options.
Riders can further customize their new sleds with Polaris accessories such as new colors of bumpers, skid plates, running boards, and body panel wraps.
Riders can customize sleds at TerrainDomination.com, then submit or take a description of their favorite sled to a Polaris snowmobile dealer to place their SnowCheck Select order. The Polaris SnowCheck Select order period runs from March 3, 2014, through April 15, 2014.
Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2013 sales of $3.8 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian Motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered parts, accessories and apparel and Klim branded apparel. Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PII, and the Company is included in the S&P Mid-Cap 400 stock price index.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime at www.polaris.com.