Press Release –
The 2008 CSRA race season is coming to a close with the CSRA National Finals at Horseshoe Resort on April 5-6.
This year the Ryde-FX National Snowcross Championships will be bigger and better than ever with more special events for racers and spectators.
Be sure to invite all your friends to this world class event and facility.
Horseshoe Resort 1-705-835-2790 – www.horseshoeresort.com
NEW EVENTS AT HORSESHOE
– ATV Quad Terrain Racing with 4X4 ATVs. Try it!!! (See enclosed rules & entry form).
– (3) Vintage Snowmobile racing classes. Invite dad !!! (see enclosed rules & entry form).
– Free Yamaha Power Tour Snowmobile demo rides.
– See the Yamaha USA Factory Team in action.
– Free Ski-doo Test rides on the new Ski-doo E-TEC 600 and the new 1200cc 4-TEC Four Stroke snowmobiles.
The CSRA / CPRA will be promoting (2) Quad Terrain Racing classes on Sunday April 6 at Horseshoe Resort.
The Quad Terrain racing course will be a closed course with a variety of challenging terrain including small jumps, logs, rocks, snow, dirt, etc.
ATV Race Classes:
At Horseshoe there will be (2) racing classes for 4X4 Sport Utility ATVs.
– Sport 0-600cc 4X4
– Sport 0-800cc 4X4
ATV Rules & Safety requirements:
– ATVs must have a number plate and race number on the front and rear.
(Number Plates and race numbers are available on site at the CSRA concession trailer).
– ATVs must have a functional tether cord kill switch and thumb operated kill switch..
– Head lights and tail light must be covered with clear tape.
– Studs are not permitted.
– Maximum width is 50” inches.
– Cargo racks and seat back supports must be removed if possible.
– Suitable OEM Floorboards or after market Nerf bars are required to prevent the riders feet from
going below the foot mounts.
ATV Competitor Rules:
– Must be 18 years of age or older unless approved by the CSRA / CPRA race director.
– Must wear a DOT 2000, SNELL M 2000 or 2005 approved Full coverage Helmet and goggles.
– Must wear a MX Chest protector or Tekvest.
(Helmet & Tekvest rentals are available on site at the CSRA trailer).
– Must wear protective pants and long sleeve jersey or jacket and protective boots.
Notice to ATV racers:
No one except riders officially entered may ride or practice on any portion of the course or property.
Practice or warm up is limited to the designated competition course during designated times. Competitors riding or allowing their machines to be ridden, outside these boundaries will be excluded from the event.
See the Quad Terrain Entry form to register in advance at Snowcross.com