Polaris has greatly expanded the legendary Terrain Domination INDY riders can achieve with the introduction of the new 2015 550 INDY Voyageur 155 and 550 INDY Adventure 155.
These new 155″ track models deliver greatly enhanced on- and off-trail performance, giving riders the ability to ride, tour, work and play with more versatility than ever before through:
• Ultimate Deep Snow Flotation
• The Best Trail Handling at ANY Speed
• Unmatched Hauling & Towing Capacity
The INDY Recreational Utility lineup features the ultimate 1-2 punch of INDY 155s and INDY 144s. With three unique INDY Voyageurs, there is now an INDY Voyageur for everyone.
Among the numerous premium components of the new INDY 155″ models are three new features that provide the sleds with terrain-dominating on- and off-trail versatility.
NEW 155 Articulated Rear Suspension
The rear suspension of the new 550 INDY Voyageur 155 and new 550 INDY Adventure 155 features an articulated rail for the best off-trail deep snow capability and to prevent trenching when backing up. The rail tips up so the track can ride over obstacles, making backing up easier. This rear skid also delivers better load carrying capacity and accommodates a larger cargo rack.
• The rear suspension provides greater off-trail mobility & a smoother ride than a shorter skid.
• The uncoupled torsion spring skid has a RydeFX® MPV compression adjustable rear track shock.
NEW PRO-FLOAT Skis
The new INDY 155″ models have strong, lightweight new skis that provide outstanding off-trail flotation and unmatched on- and off-trail steering and control. Each ski is 9.5″ wide and the pair of skis has a combined surface area of 410 sq. in., more than 45% greater than PRO-STEER skis. The stepped keel design provides enhanced handling in all snow conditions: easier, more responsive deep snow handling and outstanding trail handling.
NEW High-Flotation Track
Both new INDY® 155″ models feature the new 15″ x 155″ x 1.6″ Cobra track that features deep lugs with a cupped design for outstanding off-trail performance. This is a true on-/off-trail hybrid track, and the lugs’ stiffness ensures great trail performance.
The INDY Recreational Utility models use either the powerful and efficient Polaris® Liberty® liquid-cooled 600 twin with Cleanfire® injection, or the proven, dependable 550 fan-cooled twin with NiCaSil-lined cylinders for excellent heat dispersion. These sleds also have electric start, PERC® Reverse, and the RMK® hydraulic disc brake.
2015 INDY Voyageur™ Models
The INDY Voyageur models are light, recreational utility machines that carry or tow cargo amazingly well and excel at both work and play. These smooth-handling models are well-suited for trail riding at all speeds, and are extremely capable off-trail.
• The new 550 Voyageur 155 delivers great off-trail, deep snow capability and greater cargo carrying capacity. It is designed for those that may need to haul heavier loads. It has a wrap-around aluminum cargo rack and a 65 lb. total hauling capacity, and a hinged tow hitch for greater versatility and better towing.
• The proven INDY Voyageur 144 is exceptionally versatile, offering great on- and off-trail performance. It is available for 2015 with both the 550 and 600 engines. The INDY Voyageur 144 models have a durable steel rear cargo rack large enough to hold a 5-gallon pail.
The new 550 INDY Voyageur 155 is the ultimate deep snow recreational utility sled. It vastly outperforms competitive recreational utility sleds with its superior suspension and outstanding balance. It has the adjustable RMK front suspension, a versatile, proven design that handles well in all terrain and snow depths. It corners flat and stable, with cargo or just a rider on board.
Unlike competitive recreational utility machines that handle poorly when the sleds are loaded with cargo in the rear, the new 550 INDY Voyageur 155 is well-balanced from end to end and is engineered to deliver outstanding handling whether hauling, towing, or carrying only a rider. It delivers superior deep snow stability and is easy to control in all off-trail conditions, making it fun and easy to ride off-trail.
Riders will cover more ground, be more productive, venture farther off-trail – and have more fun – with the stable, easy-handling 550 INDY Voyageur 155.
2015 INDY Adventure Models
Both the new 550 INDY Adventure 155 and the popular 550 INDY Adventure 144 offer the unmatched versatility of tremendous on- and off-trail performance, the most innovative cargo system in snowmobiling, and a Lock & Ride® Convertible Passenger Seat.
With the new 155 Articulated Rear Suspension, PRO-FLOAT Skis and high-flotation Cobra track (all covered above), the all-new 550 INDY® Adventure 155 combines all the proven INDY Adventure cargo- and passenger-carrying versatility with greatly enhanced off-trail and deep snow mobility.
The INDY Adventure models feature:
• The versatile and innovative INDY® PRO-RIDE™ Seat, which provides the driver with a comfortable ride and includes the Lock & Ride® Convertible Passenger Seat that makes it easy to convert the sled from a 2-up model to 1-up, and back again.
• The Polaris-exclusive Adventure Cargo System features a rear Aluminum Rack that can hold cargo and holds the innovative Lock & Ride® Saddlebags. These spacious bags can be installed or removed in seconds, without tools. They lock securely onto the sides of the rack and provide convenient, protected storage that expands every rider’s travel options. The saddlebags provide 966 cu. in. of storage per bag and feature removable liners with zippered access and handles so the liners can be carried, loaded with gear, to and from the sled.
• A tall windshield directs wind and snow over or around the riders, and side panel-mounted wind deflectors direct wind and snow out, away from the rider for optimal comfort and protection.
The INDY Adventure models also have hood-mounted mirrors, passenger footrests, a lightweight aluminum PRO-RIDE™ Extreme Front Bumper
INDY Model Segment Includes a Sled for Every Rider
The INDY model segment includes two additional versatile long-track models: the 550 INDY LXT 144, a comfortable touring model, and the 550 INDY 144, which features great on- and off-trail riding.
The INDY Recreational Utility models complement the 2015 INDY Performance line-up, which has a sled for every rider: 800 INDY SP, 600 INDY SP, 600 INDY, 550 INDY and Youth 120 INDY.
Plus, there are two specially equipped models available exclusively through SnowCheck Select that pay tribute to 60 years of Polaris Terrain Domination®: The 800 INDY SP 60th Anniversary Model and the 600 INDY SP 60th Anniversary Model. These models come with:
• 60th Anniversary graphics package
• Matte Black painted tunnel
• Red painted rails, spindles and a-arms
• 1.25″ Ripsaw II track
• Extreme Riser Bag and Tunnel Bag
• FOX® IFP Shocks
• Choice of manual or electric start
• Choice of windshield (low black with handguards, mid smoke, or tall smoke)
Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2013 sales of $3.8 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian Motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered parts, accessories and apparel and Klim branded apparel. Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PII, and the Company is included in the S&P Mid-Cap 400 stock price index.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime at www.polaris.com.