If there was any doubt about which racing snowmobile was the world’s best, Team Arctic racers piloting the 600 Sno Pro answered by winning the major snocross and cross country events and championships in 2010.
The Sno Pro 600 dominated Snocross as evidenced by Tucker Hibbert’s fourth-straight Gold Medal at Winter Xgames. Wanna talk World Domination? How about a clean Arctic Cat Sno Pro 600 sweep at the FIM Snocross World Championship in Sweden led by Hibbert, Lidman and Davis? And what about the Soo I-500? Cadarette Racing piloted their Sno Pro 600 to the checkered flag winning the most prestigious snowmobile enduro in the world – Arctic Cats first-ever win in 42 years!
The Sno Pro 600XC did plenty of house cleaning in the Cross Country arena as well. Dan Ebert’s overall victory capped an emotional and wildly successful USCC I-500 for Team Arctic that included 11 of 13 class wins.
Brian Dick’s remarkable success in USCC highlighted a season in which Team Arctic racers won 14 of 18 class championships and numerous race victories. In addition to his Pro Championship title, Dick was named USCC Racer of the Year.
Team Arctic Race Manager, Mike Kloety states, “Our wide spread success with the Sno Pro has been phenomenal based on our Team Arctic race results. But for 2011, that’s not good enough for Team Arctic Race engineers who work day and night to develop these high-performance race sleds. They’ve painstakingly improved performance throughout the entire snowmobile by increasing durability, on-track performance and ride calibration; key factors that allow Team Arctic racers to further dominate the race track.”
For 2011 Team Arctic racers are poised to extend the winning supremacy aboard Arctic Cats latest race tuned Sno Pro 600s with the following improvements:
600 SNO PRO CHASSIS
• Black painted aluminum tunnel with new tunnel support braces as well as upper spar assembly gussets improve durability. 5052-H32 aluminum braces increases thickness from .080″ thickness to .100″.
• Both Snocross and Cross Country fuel tanks will be clear material with black vinyl cover – Previously black on 2010 models.
• Bodywork side panels receive textured surface and slightly relocated hood pins to improve scratch-resistance and easier attach/detach.
ENGINE AND ELECTRICAL
• SnoCross CDI has a new program for improved holeshots based on ignition timing and exhaust valve opening per exhaust pipe temperature
• The VIP system allows fine tuning of race set-ups from day-to-day and race-to-race via more accurate data retrieval including the new for 2011 water temperature and throttle position sensor – additionally exhaust pipe temperature, track speed, driven shaft speed and tachometer are measured. (VIP system sold separately PART # 0620-371)
• Exhaust Manifold has a new inlet tube and the exhaust pipe temperature probe fitting is revised for increased performance and durability.
• Engine mount material improved to provide more resistance to degradation from gas and oil.
• Brand new Snocross track accommodates a new drive sprocket change to for the 2.86″ pitch Camoplast which is 2-lbs. lighter than the 2010 track. The new lug pattern was developed for improved holeshots and is based off past Attack 20 race tracks.
• Cross Country track will use the 1.25″ 2-ply Ripsaw with 2.52″ pitch.
• Rear suspension rails have been revised. The transfer control assembly (coupling blocks) has been moved forward in the rails for aggressive transfer adjustments. Racer will feel a noticeable difference in transfer control throughout the settings.
• Larger diameter rear idler arm wheels coincide with the coupling block relocation in order to maintain proper track tension on the higher settings to ensure quicker coupling.
• Rear arm Fox shock compression valving was improved to provide more control in slower g-out bumps (big whoops) or long duration bumps. The rebound valving change was improved overall, but specifically shines in high speed chatter.
• Cross Country front arm Fox shock has been recalibrated for improved ride control through high-speed sharp bumps.