SKI-DOO 2021 MXZx 600RS
It's rare that one brand so thoroughly dominates snocross racing like Ski-Doo with its MXZx 600RS did for the past two seasons.
Winning the Pro, Pro-Lite and Pro Women and multiple amateur points championships in the ISOC snocross series - the undisputed most contested circuit - the last two years, speaks volumes about the strength of the racing-specific MXZx 600RS.
Most people would tell Ski-Doo not to mess with a good thing, but this is racing and nothing stands still.
The MXZx 600RS E-TEC uses the industry leading REV Gen4 platform with its open cockpit design and centrally balanced engine for superior rider ergonomics and handling in rough conditions.
The Gen4 layout delivers agility and responsiveness while the Ergo Step side panels and beveled tunnel allow racers the room they need to attack the course - without interference from the chassis.
For 2021 the visible changes are with the front shocks as they upgrade to the 46 mm KYB Pro Series that typically have been available only on a limited basis to the Super teams. Integral Base Valves on all shocks add the ability to adjust not only High and Low Speed Compression but also High Speed rebound.
Suspension calibration has changed to match the new shocks with the rest of chassis and is based on direct rider feedback to further handling benefits.
The changes from last year all carry forward; rear of chassis with a re-designed tunnel, heat exchanger, bumper and now new taillight that meets SSCC standards. All shocks, including the new fronts, use the Integral Base Valve that was originally developed on the factory shocks.
The 137 rMotion rear suspension features a sturdy rail design, unique racing geometry and a proven holeshot device.
The RAS 3 front suspension features a long spindle that allows high cornering speeds and a unique race sled only power steering system that provides ultra-precise handling with less effort.
The Rotax 600RS E-TEC engine features E-TEC direct injection, that always delivers quick response and perfect calibration no matter the altitude or weather conditions so racers and their crew have less to worry about.
New calibrations for 2021 further refine the holeshot and mid-range power. Other features include booster injectors first deployed on the Rotax 850 E-TEC, a short intake tract with double reeds and digital eRAVE.
REV Gen4 Platform
• Taper/tilt tunnel design
• Short heat exchanger with internal loop
• 137" Track
• Lightweight Lexan Hood
• LED Lightweight Headlights
• Reinforced E and S modules
• MX inspired seat
• NEW taillight - SSCC compliant
• Racing foot box
• 5-gallon fuel tank
• Lower center of gravity
• High Air Flow Left Vent
RAS 3 Front Suspension
• NEW Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro R Series shocks (High Speed /Low Speed compression and High Speed / Low Speed Rebound adjustments)
• NEW shock calibration
• Integral Base Valve Adjuster
• Rack steering with power assist
• Long Spindle design (Stronger + better speed cornering)
• Lightweight Pilot R2 Ski - Reinforced
Racing rMotion Rear Suspension
• Race proven rail design – stronger
• Integral Base Valve Adjuster
• NEW shock calibration
• 137" length
• Lightweight Front and rear arms
• Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back center shock w/ High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed Rebound adjustment
• Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back rear shock w/ High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed / Low Speed rebound adjustment
• Optimized geometry (race proven motion Ratio front and back)
Rotax 600RS E-TEC Engine (599.4 cc)
• E-TEC direct injection
• Mono block cylinder design with Plasma coating- delivering more horsepower
• NEW engine calibration
• Intake booster injectors (850-inspired)
• Shorter intake length (850-inspired)
• Double reed valves (850-inspired)
• eRAVE (850-inspired)
• Lightweight exhaust system (Stainless steel tuned pipe)
• Racing Throttle Block – Ready for 50% throttle applications
• Reinforced engine mounts
• Hot Start Button
• Larger brake backing plate
• Brembo Brake System – large diameter rotor, easy maintenance caliper
• pDrive primary clutch
• TEAM TSS-04 secondary clutch
• Revised slip gear – Better durability, less maintenance
• RS drive axle (Lighter)
• Lightweight belt guard – better air flow
More Like This
LATEST VIDEOS View All
Snowmobiling Algoma Country in Northern Ontario
January 14, 2021
In a special two-episode Northern Ontario snowmobile destination ride, Luke is joined with ...
2021 Polaris 850 Switchback Assault 146 Review
January 13, 2021
In this TEST RIDE AJ evaluates the 2021 Polaris Switchback Assault 146 in the all-new MATRYX ...
Snowmobiling in New York: Hamilton County / Adirondacks
January 7, 2021
Matt Lester and his daughter Madeline take an epic father/daughter adventure to Hamilton County ...
Marlon Xplore Pro II Truck Deck for Hauling Snowmobiles
January 6, 2021
AJ takes a closer look at the Marlon Xplore Pro II - 7 foot deck with 24-inch clip-on extension ...
2021 Yamaha Mountain Max LE 154 Review
January 5, 2021
AJ climbs to elevation to find some powder so he can showcase Yamaha's 2021 Mountain Max 154 ...
Top Gear View All
January 18, 2021
IPONE MAINTENANCE & CARE LINE
Getting the most out of your snowmobile requires a lot more than just topping up the oil reservoir whenever you go for a ride.
Ask Motorhead View All
November 15, 2020
600 EFI, 600 ETEC or 900 ACE?
Mark takes a look at which of these sleds is right for a reader...
Press Releases View All
December 15, 2020
Arctic Cat Supports AIARE to Commemorate Rob Kincaid
To commemorate Rob Kincaid and his passion for safety in the backcountry, Arctic Cat is supporting The American Institute for Avalanche ...
Tourism View All
November 1, 2020
5-STAR SLEDDING IN CHARLEVOIX
Rarely does a specific hotel earn universal recognition as a must-visit snowmobiling destination...