2019 SKI-DOO MXZx 600RS
BRP introduces the 2019 Ski-Doo MXZx 600RS E-TEC racing snowmobile with a new look, lighter weight and longer track designed specifically for snocross racing in North America.
The 2019 MXZx 600RS E-TEC, which is based on the REV Gen4 platform for superior rider ergonomics and handling in rough conditions, features significant changes designed to provide better race starts, faster turning, better bump absorption and a weight reduction.
The Gen4 layout retains the narrow design featuring centralized mass for agility and responsiveness while the Ergo Step side panels and beveled tunnel gives racers enormous freedom to ride the way they want - without interference from the chassis.
New this year will be a 137” track length for more traction and better holeshots, a lightweight hood, new lighter LED headlight, larger and newly Kashima coated KYB Pro shocks. Additional refinements to many systems result in more power at the track, a lower center of gravity and even sharper handling.
The RAS 3 front suspension will feature a new longer, stronger spindle that allows higher cornering speeds and a unique power steering system that provides ultra precise handling with less effort so racers can change lines easily. The Pilot R ski, first introduced last year, is further reinforced in 2019 for more durability and features a very aggressive profile.
The Racing rMotion skid frame in back is completely redesigned for the 137” length track with new motion ratio geometry for both front and rear arms. All four KYB Pro shocks (40 mm front and 46mm for both rear) will be Kashima coated for less friction, longer life and consistent performance. All shocks have new calibrations and the rear shock adds rebound adjustment to the high and low speed compression adjustments.
Also introduced last year, the very special - for racing only - Rotax 600RS E-TEC engine gets updated with new calibrations, new hot start button and new stainless steel tuned pipe. The Rotax engine features E-TEC direct injection, that always delivers quick response and perfect calibration no matter the altitude or weather conditions so racers and their crew have one less thing to worry about.
Other features include booster injectors first deployed on the Rotax 850 E-TEC, a short intake tract with double reeds and digital eRAVE. The new calibrations focus on improved acceleration, mid range power and easier use of the hot start feature. The new stainless steel tuned pipe contributes to the weight savings.
New in 2019 will be a throttle block with two positions that coincides with ECM updates allowing easy changes for Junior classes where the throttle is limited to 50%.
With all the power the MXZx 600RS produces, racers also need great brakes and the Brembo four-piston brake caliper mated to a stainless steel rotor delivers. For 2019 the rotor is 20mm larger in diameter for 15% more stopping power and better consistency in long races. The caliper is also repositioned for easier maintenance.
Chassis changes in addition to the lightweight Lexan hood and LED light include new engine mounts, new lighter belt cover with better airflow and new high flow left footrest vent.
The drive line is updated with a new, lighter drive axle, revised slip gear for better durability and new pDrive calibrations ready for the snocross track.
2019 MXZx 600RS Highlights
• REV Gen4 Platform –
• NEW 137” Track
• NEW Lightweight Lexan Hood
• NEW LED Lightweight Headlights
• Reinforced E and S modules
• Taper/tilt tunnel
• Short heat exchanger (Replaceable rear part of the tunnel)
• MX inspired seat with New foam for durability
• Racing foot box
• 5-gallon fuel tank
• Lower center of gravity
• NEW High Air Flow Left Vent
• RAS 3 Front Suspension
• NEW Kashima coated 40mm KYB Pro R Series shocks (High Speed /Low Speed compression and Rebound adjustments)
• NEW shock calibration
• Rack steering with power assist
• NEW longer Spindle design (Stronger + better speed cornering)
• Lightweight Pilot R2 Ski - Reinforced
Racing rMotion Rear Suspension
• NEW 137” length
• NEW Lightweight Front and rear arms
• NEW Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back center shock w/ compression adjustment (High Speed – Low Speed)
• NEW Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back rear shock w/ rebound and compression adjustment (High Speed – Low Speed)
• Revised geometry (New motion Ratio front and back)
• Rotax 600RS E-TEC Engine (599.4 cc)
• E-TEC direct injection
• Intake booster injectors (850-inspired)
• Shorter intake length (850-inspired)
• Double reed valves (850-inspired)
• Mono block cylinder design with Plasma coating
• eRAVE (850-inspired)
• NEW lightweight exhaust system (Stainless steel tuned pipe)
• NEW engine calibration
• NEW Throttle Block – Ready for 50% throttle applications
• NEW engine mounts
• NEW Hot Start Button (Easier to use)
• pDrive primary clutch
• TEAM TSS-04 secondary clutch
• Revised slip gear – Better durability
• NEW RS drive axle (Lighter)
• Brembo Brake System – 20mm larger diameter rotor, better consistency – Relocated for easier maintenance
• NEW lightweight belt guard – better air flow
More Like This
LATEST VIDEOS View All
2020 Polaris RMK KHAOS 155 Walk Around & First Impressions
March 24, 2019
Luke is here to dish out his thoughts on the 2020 Polaris RMK KHAOS.
2020 Yamaha Snowmobile Lineup
March 22, 2019
We take a closer look at the all-new 2-stroke 600cc powered utility Transporter snowmobile ...
2020 Ski-Doo Snowmobile Lineup
March 21, 2019
We take a closer look at the Expedition Xtreme from Ski-Doo.
Full Review of the 2019 Ski-Doo MXZ X 600R
March 19, 2019
Mark tackles the exploding 600-class snowmobile market and reviews the 2019 Ski-Doo MXZ X ...
Top Gear View All
March 11, 2019
ROX PRO-TEC HANDGUARD AND MOUNT KIT
These guards can be used with or without the foam extensions included and, if you're a racer, provide plenty of extra space for sponsor ...
Ask Motorhead View All
September 26, 2018
850 Switchback XCR vs. Renegade XRS
If you were choosing between the XCR 850 Switchback and the XRS Renegade which sled would you go with?
Press Releases View All
March 21, 2019
2020 YETI SnowMX Set to Push the Limits of Deep Snow Adventure
Camso aims to bring snowbike enthusiasts to new levels of performance in deep snow terrain with the launch of its 2020 YETI SnowMX ...