PLAN YOUR QUÉBEC TRIP NOW!
© Tourisme Lanaudière
Have you been yearning to visit Québec but haven't figured out where to stay when you get there? Here's how to plan the best snowmobile tour you'll ever take:
THE PROVINCE OF QUÉBEC IS THE IDEAL DESTINATION FOR SNOWMOBILING
There are plenty of reasons this is true, not the least of which are the regions and accommodations we've listed here! Besides, Québec has put together a set of tools you can use to plan your trip and make the whole thing super-easy!
STEP#1 The very first thing you should do is go to this website: snowmobileinquebec.com. Here, you’ll find the information you need about each of the regions in Québec - what to see, places to stay, places to eat, where to find rental snowmobiles, snowmobile service outlets and way, way more! Use this info to choose which area you want to go to.
STEP#2 Next, if you want to take a paper map with you on your trip – or just use it to chart your route when you’re planning at home, there are regional maps you can download. Just click on the region illustrated at snowmobileinquebec.com you want to visit and print it out.
STEP#3 Download iMotoneige.com onto your smartphone and then go to the interactive maps available there. These very detailed maps include snowmobile routes and hundreds of on-trail services like lodging, restaurants, parking, repair services and attractions you can take advantage of.
STEP#4 Before you leave home, don’t forget to buy your Québec Trail Permit! Every permit is sold online, so you can already have it displayed on your snowmobile before you leave home.
Buy your permit at: fcmq.qc.ca/en/trail-permit/line-trail-permits
This is a safe and secure website.
STEP#5 Did you know Québec's provincial snowmobile federation, the FCMQ, has an official Certificate of Secure Hotels which means those qualifying hotels must have security features for snowmobiles such as: A locked garage, locked enclosures and free security chains for the use of guests, video surveillance systems or security guard service?
Here's a list of lodgings, accommodations and restaurants that are well known to snowmobilers and fully equipped to Québec's standards to look after you and your snowmobiling family and friends.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO EEYOU ISTCHEE BAIE-JAMES…
Hôtel Matagami © Tourisme Eyou Istchee Baie-James
- Hôtel Matagami hotelmatagami.com 58 modern, cozy, well-equipped rooms with flat screen TVs, internet and a restaurant on site. Easily accessible by snowmobile.
- Hôtel Chibougamau hotelchibougamau.com A great snowmobiling destination with an excellent restaurant, big, comfy rooms and deluxe amenities.
- Auberge Capissisit escapelikeneverbefore.com
A rustic lodge-style accommodation with modern, hotel-like facilities. Restaurant on-site.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO THE OUTAOUAIS REGION…
- The Majopial Village villagemajopial.ca
This well-known restaurant also has beautiful hotel rooms and cozy, rustic cottages that can accommodate large groups. It’s located in the heart of the forest close to snowmobile trails.
- Pointe à David pointedavid.com
This beautiful 4-season lodge is located on a peninsula jutting out onto Basketong Lake. Beautiful winter views, excellent rooms and great food service.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO THE LAURENTIANS…
The Laurentians © Royal Laurentien
- Pourvoirie Club Fontbrune pourvoiries.com This outfitter style lodge offers comfortable accommodation and excellent meals. Ride there by snowmobile only minutes from the trail!
- Royal Laurentien royallaurentien.com Close to Mont Tremblant and offering cottage rental lodging. 4-star 24 comfortable cabins each able to accommodate multiple snowmobilers.
- Hôtel du Lac Carling hotellaccarling.com
This classy hotel offers real luxury at the end of the day. Features all the amenities of a big-city hotel but located in the country near the trails, surrounded by all that nature has to offer.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO GASPÉSIE, CÔTE-NORD OR BAS-SAINT-LAURENT…
Hôtel Universel © le Québec maritime
- Hôtel Universel (Rivière-du-Loup, Bas-Saint-Laurent) hoteluniverselrdl.com
Indoor pool and spa, internet, flat screen TVs. High end accommodation close the city of Rivière-du-Loup.
Ferme 5 étoiles © le Québec maritime
- Centre de vacances Ferme 5 Étoiles (Sacré-Cœur, Côte-Nord) ferme5etoiles.com
Offers dog sledding, snowshoeing, ice fishing as well as complete access to snowmobile trails. Rustic but comfortable accommodation and excellent dining.
- Hostellerie Baie Bleue (Carleton-sur-Mer, Gaspésie) baiebleue.com
Located on beautiful Chaleur Bay. 90 gorgeous, quaint rooms. Great food at the pub.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO CENTRE-DU-QUÉBEC OR CHAUDIÈRE-APPALACHES…
- Manoir du lac William, Saint-Ferdinand (Centre-du-Québec) manoirdulac.com
This is the perfect place for a relaxing snowmobile getaway. This hotel is FCMQ-certified and offers guests access to secure, heated parking and many other features that will ensure your stay goes off without a hitch. The Manoir du lac William is easily accessible via Trans-Québec trail #25 and has many looping trails close by.
- Manoir Lac-Etchemin, Lac-Etchemin (Chaudière-Appalaches) manoirlacetchemin.com
In the heart of the most beautiful trails of the region, accessible directly by snowmobile, this hotel offers great value for the money and has an excellent restaurant.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO ABITIBI-TÉMISCAMINGUE…
© Tourisme Abitibi-Témiscamingue / H.Lacroix
- Comfort Inn Rouyn-Noranda comfortinnrouyn-noranda.com
Very reasonably priced and close to the trails.
- Rodeway Inn Pikogan rodewayinnamos-pikogan.com This new hotel is located in Amos, is priced economically and close to the trails.
- Motel Villa Mon Repos motelvillamonrepos.qc.ca
You've got to stay here when you ride to West Abitibi! There's also a new restaurant on site.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO LANAUDIÈRE-MAURICIE…
- Auberge le Cabanon, Saint-Zénon aubergelecabanon.com
Right in the heart of the snowmobile network, Le Cabanon offers 58 comfortable rooms, dining rooms, bar with fireplace, indoor pool with whirlpool bath, lounge, games room, and gasoline. Headquarters for the Snowmobile Kingdom Club - and probably one of Quebec's most popular snowmobile destinations.
- Pourvoirie Lac Dumoulin, La Tuque lacdumoulin.com
A mythical place to visit in the middle of a huge lake, 25 minutes from La Tuque. You can stay in a cozy cabin right on the island. Lots of different activities are offered on site: Ice fishing, dogsledding, country skiing, snowshoeing and a cross-country snowmobile circuit.
IF YOU'RE PLANNING A VISIT TO QUÉBEC CITY – CHARLEVOIX – SAGUENAY–LAC-SAINT-JEAN…
- Le Roquemont (Québec City) roquemont.com
A hotel, restaurant, pub and microbrewery in the heart of Portneuf Park!
- Hôtel du Jardin de Saint-Félicien (Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean) hoteldujardin.com
You'll discover the comfort of a full-service hotel with the warmth of a country inn.
HERE'S SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FOR YOU!
Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu © Charlevoix/Lemeunier
Ski-Doo Adventure at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu (Charlevoix) m.fairmont.com
With this exciting adventure package, you'll leave from the luxurious 5-star Le Fairmont Manoir Richelieu hotel. In partnership with Nord Expé, the BRP Experience Centre offers unforgettable journeys riding new Ski-Doo snowmobiles along some of Québec’s most breathtaking trails in the Charlevoix Region. No need to bring your own sled – just hop on one of the new Ski-Doo vehicules provided and ride!
You'll explore the local trails around the Fairmont and then head out onto the FCMQ provincial trails to take in the amazing winter landscapes further away. Really, wherever you want to go and what you want to see is all up to you.
There are Ski-Doo adventure packages for all skill levels. Learn more here: brpexperience.com
* There are more than 20,500 miles of well-signed, groomed trails throughout Québec that offer you a vast selection of scenery and unforgettable riding experiences.
* Some of these snowmobiling experiences are simply amazing! You’ll always remember your first view of Percé Rock on the St. Lawrence River, what it’s like riding through the Chic Choc mountains or snowmobiling on Saguenay Lac-Saint-Jean trails. You’ll see covered bridges, breathtaking views every day and so much more.
* Québecers always offer a genuinely warm welcome to snowmobilers so you can discover all the unique things Québec has to offer.
Get onboard and start planning your snowmobile trip for this winter. There's still plenty of snow left and lots of places to see. You will never regret visiting Québec – and we can guarantee you'll start planning next year's trip the day you arrive in any of these regions!
More Like This
LATEST VIDEOS View All
Benefits of Woody's Traction Products for Your Snowmobile
February 20, 2020
Luke's in the TRAIL TECH shop explaining how you take advantage of Woody’s Traction Products ...
What Makes The Polaris Indy A Legendary Snowmobile
February 19, 2020
Luke takes a look back at the popularity of the Indy name and how it has endeared itself in ...
2020 Ski Doo Backcountry XRS 850 with SHOT Full Review
February 18, 2020
AJ finds some beautiful pockets of deep powder making the perfect setting for his evaluation ...
SNOWTRAX TV 2020 - Episode 8 Sneak Peek
February 17, 2020
Coming up on the next episode of SNOWTRAX TV...
MBRP Quiet Series Exhausts
February 14, 2020
AJ's in the TRAIL TECH shop with Jared Heshka installing at two new exhausts from MBRP's Quiet ...
Top Gear View All
February 17, 2020
Yamaha 2020 Transporter Two-Up Seat
Whether you're using your Yamaha Transporter for work, play or both it's always more fun to have a companion along for the ride.
Ask Motorhead View All
April 3, 2019
NOT HAPPY WITH SHOOTOUT RESULTS
Luke responds to a viewer's disappointment about the results of our 600-class, 129-inch shootout.
Press Releases View All
Tourism View All
February 15, 2020
PLAN YOUR QUÉBEC TRIP NOW!
Have you been yearning to visit Québec but haven't figured out where to stay when you get there?